Achieving Carbon Net Zero by 2030
We have made a commitment to achieve carbon net zero by 2030 in line with the RIBA’s ambitions.
Our five key areas of focus to achieve this:
- Training and Development – we will provide enhanced mandatory training for all our people on the latest regulations, best practice, technology, tools and techniques to enable them to competently and confidently advise our clients and project partners on carbon efficiency.
- Our Offices – we will operate our buildings as efficiently as possible to achieve the highest possible EPC ratings.
- Travel and Meetings – we will operate electric or hybrid company cars, encourage car sharing, public transport or walking/cycling to work and site. We will offer hybrid home/office working. We will remove unnecessary travel to meetings by holding virtual meetings where appropriate.
- Reducing Embodied Carbon – we will reduce the embodied carbon within the projects we design committing to the principles of Architects Declare.
- Climate Challenge – we are committed to the RIBA 2030 Climate Challenge.