The Co-operative Group – Across the UK
The Co-operative Group
Across the UK
Bowman Riley has provided architectural services to The Co-operative Group for almost 50 years.
We have supported a host of developments across the UK comprising food and non-food retail stores, department stores, petrol stations, funeral homes, car dealerships and warehouses.
Working in collaboration with AECOM, we undertook a feasibility study for a new sustainable design concept for their food retail architectural identity. A prototype green store was designed that could become the first BREEAM Outstanding supermarket in the country and be adopted across their food retail portfolio in the UK.
Currently, we are supporting The Co-operative on a wide range of retail projects including:
- Estate rationalisation and strategy to maximise the value of their properties through assessing the development potential of existing stores.
- Property surveying and providing updated records of their assets for future remodelling projects from the Orkney Islands to Exeter.
- Producing feasibility studies to assess the development potential of various existing buildings for conversion into convenience stores and if practical, we then take the design of the store from planning to completion.
- Providing internal store planning and refurbishment designs in line with the organisation’s corporate identity.
- Programme management of roll-out projects to support The Co-operative’s store investment programmes.